Conversation dead-end

Is it that hard to open up to someone and not have them judge you? Society ends up judging me.What if I talked to you, would you judge me? And most importantly, would you leave? Because that's how things are in the end.
There was something that i read today that triggered all these thoughts. Sometimes, you give all your love and care and concern to someone but they chuck it aside and don't acknowledge it. It hurts sometimes. But then you just have to pick yourself up and swallow your pride so that you can move on with your life, and not harp on the past. 


Ah, life. 


All too mind boggling. 


In the end, the only person who understands your true intentions are you and only you yourself, no matter how hard you try to explain yourself. 
I've learnt not to take things too hard. Because whatever insults or criticisms that people throw at me are only based on their own interpretations of my intentions, but not my true intentions are. Because sometimes, people won't understand why we act a certain way or why we do certain things. And there's no need for explanations, really. Because no one cares to hear them. 
I've let so many people down. Most of all,  i've let myself down too many times. 
I've learnt to close my heart to all external threats, so i'd never get hurt again. But what's the point when in the end, i become my own enemy .. When in the end, i end up hurting myself .. ? 
No more. No more of any negative thoughts. I have my family and friends who love and care about me so i shouldn't care about what other people, people who have nothing to do with my life, think about me or how i lead my life. 


I don't want to be foolish. 


I have a goal right now. Just one and my only goal to work towards right now --> NUS FASS and nothing will sway me from my journey towards that goal. Not people around me, or my own negativity.
Well, you know what they say: "Shoot for the moon for even if you miss, you may land among the stars"