(I tend to post a song or two before i start writing my blog post. Well, the idea is to listen to the song while you read my post, because music makes everything seem more meaningful. And i'll try to keep the songs as relevant to the details of my post as possible so it'd be a little cooler, heh. Well, here goes...)
______________________________
Today, I felt really free.
I attended my neighbour's wedding in the morning, which was really beautiful and classy. It really wasn't the typical Malay bawah block weddings with old people karaoke-ing kind. And i liked it.
Afterward, i met up with the guys at East Coast Park for Cik Mimi's 44th birthday party. Mummy was busy with her friends so Mom and I retreated towards the sea. We just sat down at the breakwater, talked a little but we were quiet most of the time. It was a really comfortable silence that i really enjoyed with my mom. With the wind blowing in my hair and the smell of the sea. It was really calming. And I could tell that my mother felt calm and carefree too. Spent quite a bit of time there before Mom left with Mummy Zek.
Zul, Iqbal and Hasfis went roller blading so i was left all alone among the unfamiliar faces at the beach. It was pretty crowded, actually.
I took the guitar with me and wandered off toward the breakwater again and sat there alone, strumming, listening to my ipod, stoning, thinking. I liked it. I really liked it a lot, being alone by the beach enjoying the sea breeze. I probably looked like an emo kid who's contemplating suicide or something but i didn't care. I like sitting there, looking out at the open water, with the guitar, totally absorbed in my own thoughts. I was in my own world. It was almost dusk so i had to go back to the bbq pits because it wasn't safe being out near the sea. On my way back to the party area, i passed by many random strangers, all happy faces at the beach. It felt like quite a long walk and each person i passed, i smiled at. It really lightened my mood, smiling at random strangers at the beach, watching them enjoy their sunday with their loved ones, it warmed my heart, seeing happy families and cheerful little kids playing.
There was this one particular kid that made me stop dead in my tracks. He was about 3 or 4 years old, his Philippino maid not too far behind him. I observed him for quite a bit, digging into the sand as deep as he can manage with such determination. I just had to smile. I dont know why but observing people at the beach today made me ponder about the workings of life. Why people act a certain way, what makes a person kind, what the future may hold for all of us. I think its the beach, the pleasant atmosphere there and the lovely weather.
I was alone today amidst the crowd at the beach but somehow, it felt like i had the whole world behind me supporting me, motivating me, pushing me to do my best. I don't know. It's just a feeling i can't describe.
Ah, the beach makes me really happy.
I should go there more often. Read a book there or write or something.
